NOTE: Only to be connected to bathroom outlets (bath, shower, basin)
and washing machines
The unit must always be positioned as close to your bathrooms outlet pipes as possible, so that gravity will assist the free flow of water into the unit. Units may be installed using one of two methods listed below, depending on the location of the bathroom drain pipes exiting your home.
1. The first method is used where the existing bathroom outlet pipes are at least 200mm above ground level.
2. The second method is used where the existing bathroom outlet pipes are less than 200mm above ground level.
- ONLY use a 20mm GARDEN HOSE or 20mm IRRIGATION PIPE on the outlet, not the smaller 12/15mm pipe.
1. OUTLET PIPES, at least 200mm above ground level installation
- Ground surface to be solid, level and self-draining. Always ensure that in the case of spills during maintenance that no grey water is allowed to pool around the unit.
- Note that the water “inlet” pipe into the unit, where your bathroom outlet pipe connects to, is the lower of the two 40mm connections on the unit (see diagram below). If this is plumbed incorrectly, your pump will not activate and water will return to the sewer without irrigating your garden.
- Connect to outlet pipe from wall with a 90 degree bend. Cut a section of 40mm pipe to reach the Garden ResQ unit, and connect another 90 degree bend, and attach this to the BOTTOM outlet pipe on the unit.
- Connect a small piece of 40mm pipe to the TOP outlet pipe, which will direct overflow back into the gulley.
- Connect your plug to an exterior plug point. If no exterior plug point, you will have to call in a certified electrician to install one
2. OUTLET PIPES, less than 200mm above ground level
- Dig a suitable hole the size of the unit, as close to the bathroom exterior plumbing as possible. The hole should be deep enough to achieve the 200mm required to join to the unit’s inlet pipe. Please ensure that the lid is not below ground level and that this lid can open freely for maintenance. Allow additional space below the unit for drainage material.
- Place builders stone or a few bricks at the bottom of the cavity to allow for drainage and stability.
- Place the unit in the cavity, on top of the stones. Please ensure a good fit, with an additional 5 cm spacing all around the unit. Once you are satisfied that the flow of water will not be hampered, you can now connect all piping and irrigation pipes. Please take note of the inlet from the bathroom and sewer outlet positions. The spacing around the bin may now be filled with builder’s stone or sand.
- Connect up using the same method in 1 above.
SHOULD YOU PLAN TO BE AWAY FROM HOME FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME PLEASE FLUSH THE UNIT WITH FRESH WATER AND LET THE UNIT RUN FOR A FEW MINUTES. THIS WILL ENSURE THAT NO GREY WATER REMAINS IN THE UNIT TO STAGNATE WHILST YOU ARE AWAY. IT WILL ALSO BE A GOOD IDEA TO SWITCH THE UNIT OFF AT THE POWER POINT WHILST YOU ARE AWAY.
WHEN FLUSHING OR CLEANING THE INTERIOR OF THE UNIT, DO NOT USE A HIGH PRESSURE SPRAY ON THE PUMP AS THIS WILL DAMAGE THE WATER TIGHT ELECTRICAL SEALS ON THE PUMP, AND VOID THE WARRANTEE
IN THE CASE OF A CLAIM, PLEASE RETURN YOUR COMPLETED WARRANTY FORM AND
RETAIN YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE.
We thank you for purchasing the Garden ResQ Maxi Pro Grey water diversion unit. We are confident that you will have many years of trouble free service from your unit if installed and maintained as per these installation instructions. In the interest of your family’s health and safety, together with South African legislation,
please note that the electrical power point outside must be weather proof and must be installed by a qualified electrician. [Any electrical point not certified as safe by a licensed electrician will void the
warranty on our product].
PLEASE NOTE: Our unit can be connected to a rain water tank as well, on both the overflow and bottom outlet pipes. In dry months, you can simply open the valve on the rain water tank which will then allow stored water to flow into our unit, which will then trigger the pump to irrigate the lawn. In other words our unit doubles up to disperse wasted grey water as well as stored rain water.
INSTALLATION OF UNIT – STEP BY STEP